New Elite Boundaries for 2020-21 Season
For some time, the matter of inequitable draw zones for elite (formerly AA) hockey in Edmonton has been subject to review.
At our March 19, 2020 meeting the Hockey Edmonton Board of Directors approved recommendations of the Elite Hockey Management Committee regarding boundaries (draw zones) for our male elite hockey categories of play. Key aspects of the decision include:
- Knights of Columbus will now have defined territory, in the same manner as CAC, MLAC, and SSAC.
- Equitable draw zones for Elite Hockey (male AA and AAA teams). Specifically, in terms of:
- Registered players per draw zone
- Male athletes playing in Tier 3 and Higher in Atom through Midget divisions of play
- A commitment to review draw zones every two (2) seasons
- A one time, transitional / grandfathering option for Edmonton resident players who played on an Edmonton male Athletic Club team in 2019-20.
The new boundaries will apply for male AA / AAA categories and teams ONLY.
At this time, community hockey boundaries used by Districts and Operating Areas have not changed.
Please click here for more details!