Tournaments & Permits

All you need to know about hosting a tournament and basics on  applying for permits!

Looking to host a tournament?

Use the link below to request sanctioning for a Hockey Edmonton hockey tournament

Request for Tournament Sanction 

  • This form is only to be used by Hockey Edmonton organizations to submit a request for sanctioning of a tournament being hosted by a Hockey Edmonton organization (or team).
  • Once submitted the form will be circulated for approval from affected organizations/persons within Hockey Edmonton.
  • Once approved Hockey Edmonton will obtain a Sanction Number from Hockey Alberta and post the tournament as approved on their website.
  • The Tournament Director listed on the form will then be informed of the Sanction Number by Hockey Edmonton.
  • Please note, no Tournament Sanctions will be given to tournaments for U9 (Novice) or U7 (Initiation) (Senior only) which are scheduled to be held prior to November 1st.  

 Looking to find a tournament to participate in?

  • All Hockey Edmonton hosted tournaments are sanctioned through Hockey Alberta sanctioning site and posted on Hockey Alberta website - Tournament page.  
    • Click here to access.


Looking for a PERMIT to ATTEND a tournament? Play an Exhibition game?

For all permit requests, you will use your EFHL Ramp Login to submit a permit on the EFHL website for the 2022/23 season.

TOURNAMENT PERMIT (this permit is also referred to as a Travel Permit). It is used to apply for permission to attend a tournament. Minor Hockey Week does not require a permit.

Before you apply for a Tournament permit, you should ensure there are no league game conflicts that need to be resolved.  Teams playing in EFHL have a couple of options regarding a Tournament Permit.  

  • EFHL offers "pay per use" requests for Black out dates
  • Your permit request can remain pending until you resolve game conflicts
  • Your permit can be approved with teams "promising" to resolve game conflicts and if they do not, EFHL will levy a fine against the team.


Before you apply for an Exhibition Game Permit, contact your associations' RIC and request refs be assigned.

Games on ice in the city, only the HOME Team needs to apply for the permit when playing another Edmonton team.

Games on ice outside the city and you are playing a team from outside Hockey Edmonton (for example Beaumont team) you will be the visiting team and will need to apply for a permit. The Beaumont team in this example is the Home team and will request a permit as well.


A detailed PERMITS FOR HOCKEY EDMONTON TEAMS PLAYING IN EFHL FOR 2022/23 has been sent to your association.  Make sure you ask for it and keep it handy.

RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information