APPROVED REQUESTS (submitted using the old process)
ALL teams MUST now be using the new process for applying for permits ONLY.
Please have the COACH email firstname.lastname@example.org if he/she has not yet received
the logon information sent to their email address.
This is the same logon id and password as used for inputting of gamesheet information
TRAVEL/EVENT PERMIT BLACKOUT DATES
Federation Hockey will not be using Blackout Dates this season but will try to operate under the following guidelines:
- Rescheduling of league games will only be permitted in accordance with the Federation program guidelines
- SWAPPING OF GAME SLOTS IS PREFERRABLE AND IS ALWAYS THE FIRST OPTION THAT SHOULD BE ATTEMPTED
- League game changes will not be allowed for teams to attend tournaments within one hour travel time or less
- In situations where a rescheduled game is approved a team will only be allowed to reschedule game(s) for one travel activity per tiering round
- Federation Hockey Council may establish blackout dates on which absolutely no changes in league scheduled games will be permitted
****PLEASE NOTE FOR OUTDOOR PRACTICES*****
Permits are not required for an outdoor ice practice on Community League rinks, however it is mandatory that the coach/team management inspect the facility.
If it is found to be unsafe, the team must not be allowed on the ice.
PLEASE SELECT THE TYPE OF REQUEST YOU ARE SUBMITTING:
Your completed form will be emailed directly to the division coordinator for approval with a copy to the email address you provide.
Division Coordinator will reply to the email address you provide with approval or may ask for more information/clarification.
Please ENSURE the email address you provide is valid!
Once approved the sanction number will be posted here: APPROVED REQUESTS
Sanction numbers will usually be posted within 2 business days.
If any questions please contact the City Category Director listed here
1. REQUEST TO PLAY AN EXHIBITION GAME
- A permit must be obtained for ALL exhibition games by both teams.
2. REQUEST TO PARTICIPATE IN A TOURNAMENT
- A permit must be obtained to PARTICIPATE in tournaments.
- Requests to host a tournament will not be accepted online. The form to submit to host a tournament can be found on the Tournaments page.
- DO NOT submit a request to participate in a tournament UNTIL you have been accepted into the tournament and are sure your team will be attending
- If after applying your team will no longer be attending the tournament please advise so the permit request can be cancelled
- In-Province sanction numbers will usually be posted within 2 business days.
- Out of Province requests must be submitted PRIOR TO the First of the Month for approval at either Federation or AA Council.
- The Council will then seek final approval at the EMHA monthly meeting held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- Sanction numbers will usually be posted within 2 days following the EMHA monthly meeting.
3. REQUEST TO RESCHEDULE A LEAGUE GAME
- LEAGUE PLAY IS THE PRIORITY AND MUST COME FIRST
- League games must be played BEFORE attending tournaments.
- Swapping games within the same division is the MOST PREFERRED option and should be attempted before rescheduling of a game to a different time/location
- ONLY the team that is requesting the game swap/reschedule needs to apply for a permit. Only one permit submission per swap/reschedule is required.
- Steps to take BEFORE applying:
- Contact the opposing team to inform them you would like to reschedule the game.
- Team rescheduling must provide ice for the make-up game and must be suitable to the opposing team.
- Opposing team must play an exhibition game on the origianl ice slot as Referees are already assigned and CANNOT be cancelled
- The final decision on the date of the rescheduled game is that of the City Director so both teams are accomodated.
- In the comments section of the request provide as many details as possible preferably in this format:
- Original Games:
Game #19999 - November 29 - SW999 @ EG111 @ RBA @ 17:15
Game #19998 - December 16 - SW999 @ SE222 @ MWB @ 19:30
Game #19999 - November 29 - SW999 @ SE222 @ RBA @ 17:15
Game #19998 - December 16 - SW999 @ EG111 @ MWB @ 19:30
- Note game #s stay with the arena and time. Only the teams move
4. REQUEST FOR OUT OF TOWN PRACTICE(S)
- ANY practices within the city of Edmonton (indoor or outdoor) DO NOT require a permit. This includes 'extra' practice ice your team may have picked up.
- Practices outside the city of Edmonton DO require a permit.
- Non Edmonton teams do not require a permit for out of town practices
- One permit request can be submitted if the same team will be using the same ice time at the same location over a number of dates. Please specify all dates permit will apply for.