Respect in Sport
As we move into the 2012-13 Hockey Season in Alberta, full implementation of the Respect in Sport programs come into play.
The Respect in Sport Parent Program is an effective and informative online training program for parents of active children. This one hour online certification program reinforces a parents role in a child or youth's activities, encouraging positive sport behaviours, and providing insight into the various roles other individuals (such as coaches and officials) play. This program empowers parents to ensure the safety of their children, encourage positive and effective communication, and to enhance a child's fun and camaraderie of the activity.
Completion of the Respect in Sport "Parent Program" by at least one parent of every player shall be a condition of their child's eligibility to participate on a sanctioned Hockey Team.
As well, each Hockey Team in the province of Alberta must have all registered Team Officials certified in the Respect in Sport “Activity Leader/Coach”program unless they already have the equivalent “SpeakOut”program certification.
Click here for more information.
1. Hockey Edmonton Parent Letter
2. Hockey Alberta Parent Letter
3. Platform of Respect - Overview and Policy
4. Respect in Sport - Program Overview
5. Frequently Asked Questions
6. Respect in Sport Parent User Guide
1. Respect in Sport - Parent Course
2. Respect in Sport - Activity Leader/Coach Course
3. Hockey Alberta Respect in Sport webpage
4. Respect Group